Guidance Department, 440-779-3517
The Guidance Department is divided by grade level FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
Mrs. Wendy Kormos - Grade 9
Ms. Kristy LaBella - Grade 10
Mrs. Tricia Calloway - Grade 11
Mrs. Margie McMullen, Department Chair - Grade 12
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS
If you missed our CCP Information Night on February 15, 2017, no worries, here are the two general handouts on CCP. PLEASE COMPLETE AND TURN IN THE APPLICATION FOR 2017-2018 BY APRIL 1, 2017!!!!!!!
If you want further information on CCP at Tri-C, LCCC, CSU, or Polaris' Computer Networking Academy with Tri-C, please stop into guidance for more information and handouts.
WINTER NEWSLETTERS/sophomore january newsletter.docx
FREE PRACTICE TESTS FOR THE ACT AND SAT - Please read the attached handout for more information /Free Practice Tests.pdf
10th Grade Class Visits' Questions and Answers
* Polaris has sent their acceptance and wait list letters. If you did not receive a letter, please see Ms. LaBella and she can find out for you.
* If you are having difficulty in a class, please talk to your teacher and go to SOAR. If it is in a math class, please also go to Math Lab during your study hall. If you are not sure how the Math LAb works and where it is, please come ask us in Guidance.
* Please look at the section below on this Guidance page for Graduation Requirements - credits and End of Course exams.
* In the beginning of the Course Selection Guide, which is now online, there is information on the Honors Diploma, GPA for athletics, and what colleges recommend for classes and credits.
* Please come into Guidance to get the College Process Timeline. This will give suggestions on what to do each year, including when to take the ACT and SAT.
* Work Permits are available in the Main Office.
* Guidance has a Job Board, Volunteer Board, Apprenticeship Board, and College Board. Please stop in and check them all out for what you are or might be looking for in regards to a job, volunteer opportunity, or college.
* Scheduling for next year will take place the week of February 21. Teachers are recommending you are classes now in your core subjects. Look and ask about what electives if you are not sure which ones you want to take. And attend the Elective Class Fair on Tuesday, February 14, during your lunch to learn about all the elective classes available to you.
* For information on College Credit Plus, please attend our CCP Night on February 15, 2017, at 6:00pm in the NOHS Cafeteria.