The Learning Resource Department supports the district staff and students in these areas:
- K-12 - Math, Fine Arts, Physical Education and Extended Standards
- 7-12 - Social Studies
- 6-12 - English Language Arts and Science
- 9-12 - World Languages and Business/Vocational, including Entrepreneurship
School Improvement/Ohio Improvement Process (OIP)
Value-Added, Student Growth and Teacher Effectiveness
Gifted Services and Programming
- Gifted Referral Process: We solicit referrals for potential gifted students twice a year - in the fall and in the spring. In order to reduce the number of students missing instructional time due to assessments related to gifted referrals, we have created a pre-referral request opportunity for staff and parents.
- During this brief pre-referral contact with our
district Gifted Intervention Specialist, Mrs. Stefanie Holachek, staffand parents can share
why the student might be a referral for gifted.
- Mrs. Holachek can guide staff/parents through the process
to reduce time spent on unnecessary testing of students who may not
be gifted candidates, and secure the necessary permissions if assessment is